1) introduction to tingo
2) the new karate workout (kanye west vs kennedy)
3) take a walk with bonnie & clyde (jay-z & beyoncé vs passion pit)
4) black cigarettes in the yellow theater (wiz khalifa vs two door cinema club)
5) holla back maybe (fabolous vs carly rae jepsen)
6) take care of u (drake vs gil scott-heron & jamie xx)
7) words from kendrick (skit)
8) happy up in these area codes (ludacris & nate dogg vs röyksopp)
9) born again girls gone bad (m.i.a. vs gramatik)
10) money to bounce (drake, birdman & lil wayne vs mstrkrft & n.o.r.e.)
11) shooting stars without hands (waka flocka flame, wale & roscoe dash vs bag raiders)
12) bonfire for clay (childish gambino vs bloc party)
13) can’t get enough now (j. cole vs mates of state)
14) dangerous and sound (busta rhymes vs capital cities)
15) mad about you making me better (fabolous & ne-yo vs sting)
16) hey glass table girls (cam’ron vs the weeknd)
17) two words: night call (mos def, kanye west & freeway vs kavinsky & lovefoxxx)
18) don’t trip for us (trina & lil wayne vs mackintosh braun)
19) mouthful of diamonds from sierra leone (kanye west vs phantogram)
20) find what you love (skit)
21) what means the dive to you (cam’ron, ludacris, juelz santana, ugk & trina vs giana factory))
22) passed out lovers (tinie tempah vs bibio, bruno b & eddie m)
23) father king’s success (jay-z & nas vs emancipator)
24) raconte-moi une histoire sur le ciel (kanye west & lupe fiasco vs m83)
Kanye West featuring Nas - “We Major (Bittersweet White Lotus Mashup”
whip my barbra -
wait what (aka the very talented charlie kubal) very kindly lent his mad mashup skills to create 5 rapid fire demos in <1.5 hours as part of a stanford d.school musical experiment. this track mixes willow smith’s ‘whip my hair’ and duck sauce’s ‘barbra streisand’. a fun listen, and pretty damn amazing considering it was completed within 10 minutes.
Every day I am amazing at the extraordinary talents of my fellow classmates - both in business, but more often than not those outside which fall outside the tradition skill sets that most MBAs aim to bring to the table. Today’s praise falls on previous Googler turned MBA, Charlie Kubal of the MBA Class of 2012.
This week was no different, as I was forwarded from an MBA1 a link to a “notorious BIG / the XX remix” that one of the “new kids” had made. I remember thinking to myself “wow - i love how so many people are remixing biggie and xx - the wait what guy really started a huge trend”. Little did I know that the “wait what guy” was actually the MBA1 that they were talking about and I immediately was blown away. Yeah, some people might think its super impressive to have played in the NBA, NFL, won an Olympic Gold Medal or even to be President Bush’s sidekick before school - but to me nothing is more amazing than being named the Guardian’s “Best Mashup Album of 2010 by far..” (Read the whole article here)
The mashup is epic and should really be given a listen - things like this are just another one of the joys of MBA life…
Also - had a really funny discussion about this with Amos yesterday in the car when I was asking him if he had heard about it. Those of you who know my excessive use of the phrase “what?” will understand how this could happen:
JJ: Did you hear that Notirious BIG / XX remix over the summer?
JJ: The guy that did that is an MBA1!?!?!?!?!?!
Amos: Wait What?
JJ: I know - its amazing - I can’t believe he goes to the GSB
Amos: Yeah, wait what?
JJ: No - the guy - from the BIG/XX remix - like the guy who made it - he is at the GSB - isn’t that so insane
Amos: No I get that idiot - the guy is called “Wait, What”, right?
JJ: oohhhhh, hahahaha, I am an idiot…
Amos: That exchange was amazing
Great remix, great video. Listen for the full house reference. Chiddy Bang- wish I had seen you at Lollapalooza. EJK